Pokemon Joint Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Joint Forums For Both Elemental Alliance Members & Pokemon E4 Members.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat

Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss)

Go down 
+2
Mcsza3
funicode
6 posters
AuthorMessage
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) Empty
PostSubject: Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss)   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:32 am

Today's review is gonna be Mandibuzz VS Braviary, now Braviary has high attack and Mandibuzz has high defense, so it looks like it is hard to choose. Braviary has a bland and boring type in my opinion, being a Normal Flying type, which I've seen lots of Pokemon have that. Mandibuzz learns some pretty weak moves for having low Attack, here are some strong ones. Brave Bird, Dark Pulse, Air Slash, and having low Attack makes it some what bad, and both Pokemon has the same Speed. Braviary can't knock out Mandibuzz in one hit because of high Defenses and Mandibuzz wouldn't be able to 1 hit KO Braviary because of Mandibuzz's low Attack stats. Braviary gets to learn 2 Rock-Type moves that can counter Mandibuzz, Rock Tomb and Rock Slide, while Mandibuzz only learns Rock Tomb. Mandibuzz has low attack while Braviary has high attack power and using Rock Slide, which is more stronger than Rock Tomb, it may knock it out in one hit even with high Defense because of weakness and high attack power of Braviary. Rock Tomb has a Power of 50, while Rock Slide is 75, making Braviary stronger than Mandibuzz. Looks like Braviary is the winner! Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) 628 Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) 630

Last edited by funicode on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:12 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding GIF)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OakRidge3E
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

PostSubject: Reuniclus VS Gothitelle   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Today's review is Reuniclus VS Gothitelle, this one is pretty hard to compare for me. They are all Psychic Types who are all Stage 3 and evolve at Lv41. Reuniclus lacks Speed, only at 30 in base stat, while Gothitelle is somewhat faster, Speed of 65 in base stat. This one is similar to my last review, Reuniclus is offensive, Gothitelle is a little defensive. Since Gothitelle can learn Fling (Dark-Type) it may 1 hit KO Reuniclus with an Iron Ball, BUT! Iron Ball reduces your Pokemon's speed by %50 which brings down 32 base stat for Gothitelle, which is still faster than Reuniclus. Flinging with an Iron Ball will have a Max power of 130 and it's a Dark-Type, so it can be super effective against Reuniclus with a power of 260 multiplyed by 2, making it very powerful, BUT! Gothitelle's Attack base stat is 55, so Fling may not be that powerful. Gothitelle may 1 hit KO with these moves that will do at least 100 power on Reuniclus, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Pay Back, and Thief. Now, let's check Reuniclus, if this Pokemon were to hold an Iron ball, its Speed would be low as 15 in base stat, making it WAY slower. Reuniclus can also learn Fling, but I don't think holding an Iron Ball will do the trick, as Gothitelle is faster and may 1 hit KO it since Reuniclus only has a Def base stat of 75. Reuniclus only has 2 moves to counter Gothitelle, Shadow Ball and Fling. Since Reuniclus is slow, Gothitelle can go first and use Dark Pulse or something to have a power of 160 to knock it out. So, I think Gothitelle is the winner! Stay tuned for more reviews, and have a great day! Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) 576 Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) 5-579

Last edited by funicode on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding GIF)
Back to top Go down
Mcsza3
Elite Four Champion
Elite Four Champion
Mcsza3

PostSubject: Re: Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss)   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:06 pm

reuniclus shoulda won
Back to top Go down
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

PostSubject: Serperior   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:22 am

Today's review is gonna be Serperior, this Pokemon's Attack stats and Sp, Atk are all the same, so any Grass-Type moves fits perfectly. Its Speed is good, 113 making it most likely to go first to attack with its move. Serperior's base stats Defense AND Sp. Def are all the same, at 95. Its Overgrow Ability helps it a bit, and holding a Miracle Seed helps it even MORE. Miracle Seed increases Grass moves by 20% and Overgrow increases Grass moves by 1.5x if it has 1/3 of its HP remaining or lower, making its Grass moves very powerful. Even more plus to that, STAB helps its Grass moves increase by 50%, making its Grass moves way better. Lets check out Serperior's good Grass moves. Its signature move is Leaf Tornado which its power is 65. Lets check Serperior's big kicker, Leaf Storm. Power of 140, adding Overgrowth, Miracle Seed AND STAB, it can 1 hit KO lots of stuff. It also decreases the opponent's Pokemon's Sp, Atk by 2 stages, and it doesn't have any bad effect to Serperior. Since it's also fast, it can go first, use Leaf Storm while having a Miracle Seed, and STAB, it can 1 hit KO almost anything in one turn. I give Serperior a 9.5/10 Its VERY good if you want a Grass Pokemon for your team. Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for more reviews and have a great day! Peace! Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) 497
Back to top Go down
LikeaBoss
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
LikeaBoss

PostSubject: ~Thoughts on darky's review~   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:42 am

Well serperior probably got too much of a high rating there. For one even with the miracle seed, i doubt serperior would be able to knock out anyone in one hit. He is a good addition to a team if you need a grass type, but he is out performed by other grass types to such as ferrothorn in the defense department. serperior is best use as a defense to build up your team,but since i don't play 5th gen i might be wrong about that then. In all serperior is a good pokemon ,but hes not as good as darky built him up to be. I would've given serperior a 9.1 out of 10. Thanks for reading and have a great day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/UltimateShadowKingZ?feature=mhee
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

PostSubject: Re: Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss)   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 am

LikeaBoss wrote:
Well serperior probably got too much of a high rating there. For one even with the miracle seed, i doubt serperior would be able to knock out anyone in one hit. He is a good addition to a team if you need a grass type, but he is out performed by other grass types to such as ferrothorn in the defense department. serperior is best use as a defense to build up your team,but since i don't play 5th gen i might be wrong about that then. In all serperior is a good pokemon ,but hes not as good as darky built him up to be. I would've given serperior a 9.1 out of 10. Thanks for reading and have a great day.
Well, Ferrothorn has a slow Speed stat and a teeny bit low of Attack and Sp. Atk stats. Serperior would go first to attack with a Leaf Storm with over 200 powers and lowering Ferrothorn's poor Sp. Atk stats. This is why I think Ferrothorn didn't out perform Serperior in some ways.

Last edited by funicode on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More words putted into)
Back to top Go down
Mirage2777
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
Mirage2777

PostSubject: Re: Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss)   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:54 am

Ferrothorn isn't meant for Special Attack. He's really meant for walling, and stopping the opponent through mainly non-attacking methods.
Namely, Leech Seed and/or thunder wave. If he's attacking, the only move he should really be using is Powerwhip.
Gyro Ball is an option, but it's not preferred.
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Smashtasm_Forum/index/
LikeaBoss
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
LikeaBoss

PostSubject: Re: Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss)   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:26 am

funicode wrote:
LikeaBoss wrote:
Well, Ferrothorn has a slow Speed stat and a teeny bit low of Attack and Sp. Atk stats. Serperior would go first to attack with a Leaf Storm with over 200 powers and lowering Ferrothorn's poor Sp. Atk stats. This is why I think Ferrothorn didn't out perform Serperior in some ways.
Well i disagree ferrothorns special attack won affect anything since hes more of an attacker. Ferrothorn's attack is 95 which means he will probably knock serperior out before serperior can knock him out. I'm pretty sure that Ferrothorn will be able to survive at least 3 leaf storms because it'll get weaker as it is used more. Ferrothorn can learn attacks that are super-effective against serperior and his 95 attack ensures that he will do some heavy damage on serperior, so i believe that ferrothorn will be able to knockout serperior in a battle. Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) 598
Back to top Go down
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

PostSubject: Re: Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss)   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:04 am

LikeaBoss wrote:
funicode wrote:
LikeaBoss wrote:
Well i disagree ferrothorns special attack won affect anything since hes more of an attacker. Ferrothorn's attack is 95 which means he will probably knock serperior out before serperior can knock him out. I'm pretty sure that Ferrothorn will be able to survive at least 3 leaf storms because it'll get weaker as it is used more. Ferrothorn can learn attacks that are super-effective against serperior and his 95 attack ensures that he will do some heavy damage on serperior, so i believe that ferrothorn will be able to knockout serperior in a battle. Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) 598
Oh, that must be interesting....haven't seen that.
Back to top Go down
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

PostSubject: Top 5 Worst Pokemon   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:11 am

Today is gonna be a little more different, now I am gonna do a top 5 worst Pokemon. Here are some things that the Pokemon should be judged, now Pokemon are gonna be judged on how useless they were if they're in a battle, I am gonna be judging the Pokemon by their evolutions too, so I can't just take Magikarp as being a bad Pokemon because it evolves into a Gyarados and that makes him good. Pokemon are also gonna be judged on how bad their stats are and how the Pokemon is being out performed, and remember, it's my opinion! It's not exactly the top 5 worst Pokemon ever. OK, here it is, brace yourself. #5 is Unown, the reason is it learns only 1 HORRIBLE move that he is stuck with forever, Hidden Power. AND they find themselves the horrible stats that should never been used in your team, horrible defenses, AND horrible speed, making almost every Pokemon out performing Unown. #4 is Dunsparce, it finds itself really terrible because it is out performed by many other Normal-Type Pokemon, like Tauros, Kangashkhan, you name it, Dunsparce has its very HORRIBLE stats that should NEVER be used in your team. #3 is Luvdisc, this is one of the worst Pokemon it is, HORRIBLE attack power, AND defense, it has high speed, but it doesn't do Luvdisc any favor. It is out performed by other Water-Type Pokemon like Remoraid, and even weird ones like Psyduck, Basculin, you name it. #2 is Smeargle, the only move it learns is Sketch.... it lets you copy your opponent's Pokemon's last move. It finds itself the worst stat ever. Sketch is something really hard to use, you have to use it on the right Pokemon on the right move. Smeargle just only learns Sketch and he is stuck with it forever. Smeargle is out performed by other Normal-Type Pokemon that doesn't evolve. That's why you should NEVER use Smeargle in your team. #1 is Delibird, it has one of the worst stats for a Flying-Type Pokemon. Delibird is out performed by other Ice-Type Pokemon. Delibird has the worst signature move yet, Present. You may just risk Present just to do damage, but sometimes it HEALS your opponent's Pokemon, making it very bad that you should NEVER use Delibird in your team. Thanks for reading, stay tuned for more reviews and have a great day! PEACE! And good luck you all on the competition, and don't use the worst Pokemon. Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) Emeraldunownspritev

Last edited by funicode on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:50 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : A Mistake)
Back to top Go down
Mirage2777
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
Mirage2777

PostSubject: Re: Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss)   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:24 am

I just have to say, Smeargle is far from useless. Sketch isn't meant to be used on random Pokemon. His true usage lies in a double battle, since his sketches are permanent.
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Smashtasm_Forum/index/
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

PostSubject: Zebstrika   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:49 am

Today's review is....Zebstrika! First of all, Zebstrika's Abilities are all similar. Lightning Rod, and Motor Drive. The abilites goes like this, if it is hit by an Electri-Type move, it will increase one of its stat, so either of these abilities are OK. Its Speed is great, its Attack is better than its Sp. Atk, but it only learns 1 Electric-Type move that is physical, Wild Charge. The downside is its bad Defense stats. It can be left with a handful of HP in one hit, then get knocked out with a second hit. It is weak to Ground-Type, but it doesn't learn any move to counter Ground-Type Pokemon that are super effective. It learns mostly Electric-Type moves by level up, so TMs are useful to learn different types of moves. For having a high Attack stat, it really doesn't learn a whole bunch of Physical moves. Most Electric-Type attacks are Special, but its Sp. Atk aren't too low, only at 80 in base stats. Its Speed stat is so good, that it out performed Raichu, Electivire, and Ampharos. It may be one of the very good Electric-Type Pokemon to choose. Overall, it's a fast Pokemon with a so so move sets it can learn, and Abilities that can power up its stats, and powering up its Sp. Atk is just very nice. I give Zebstrika an 8/10 Everything is done correctly, but its move set is just sticking out a sore thumb. Thanks for reading, stay tuned for more reviews and have a great day, peace! Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) Zebstrika
Back to top Go down
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

PostSubject: Zoroark   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:54 am

Today's review is gonna be Zoroark. When Zoroark was first introduced, people were like "HOly crap, it's amazing!" . Infact, it IS very amazing with its Ability, Illusion. It copys litteraly everything from 1 of your last Pokemon in your party, except its type, so it may trick your opponent into using a move to do super effective damage, but if Zoroark transforms into another Pokemon that has the same weakness, its pretty useless. Zoroark can transform into a Psychic-Type Pokemon, and your opponent uses a Dark-Type move which is not very effective, so it may be a good thing. Its stats are incredible, except its Defense stats, which are horrible. For being a Dark-Type Pokemon, it learns a whole bunch of Dark-Type moves leveling up, giving lots of good options, like Night Slash, Foul Play, Night Daze, Faint Attack, and lots more. It also can counter its Fighting weakness with its only damage-dealing Psychic-Type move, Extrasensory by breeding. It can also learn Flamethrower to counter its Bug-Type weakness too, by TM. Its Atk, Sp.Atk, and Speed out performed other Dark-Type Pokemon like Houndoom, Honchkrow, Scrafty and many more. Overall, its a good Dark-Type Pokemon, with a very weird Ability that is introduced, good move sets that can counter its weakness, good stats, but its Defense stats are not so good. I give Zoroark an 8.9/10 It's so good, but its only thing that isn't good, is its Defense stats. Thanks for reading, stay tuned for more reviews and have a great day, peace! Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) Zoroark-animated-1
Back to top Go down
Unk
Unk

PostSubject: Re: Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss)   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:34 am

Zoroark also learns Nasty Plot, which raises Special Attack by 2 stages, making him a very deadly threat to teams.

I agree with you're analysis on Zoroark and he deserves that solid 8.9
Back to top Go down
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

PostSubject: Re: Unk's Opinion on Zoroark   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:08 am

Unk wrote:
Zoroark also learns Nasty Plot, which raises Special Attack by 2 stages, making him a very deadly threat to teams.

I agree with you're analysis on Zoroark and he deserves that solid 8.9
OMG that is so true, good point!
Back to top Go down
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

PostSubject: Simisage   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:44 am

Today's review is gonna be Simisage. Now, when I first saw those 3 monkies I was amazed, they look so beastly, but I'm gonna crush my dreams about those monkies. First of all, Simisage is just barely better than other Grass-Type Starter Pokemon, Simisage is just out performed by just all of them, Sceptile, Serperior, Meganium, and Venusaur. What makes those beastly monkies just look strong, but weak in the inside, infact, why think of them? Well, I used them in my team, and they just had a neutral run, just not like the starter Pokemon. While they are out performed by other starter Pokemon, they also have the least amount of Grass-Type moves Simisage got. Well, it learns the beastly move, Leaf Storm, but only by breeding. Other than that, Simisage gotten the most boring move set I ever seen. It really breaks my heart about these beastly monkies, and I'm pretty sad about that. I found Simisage to out perform Leafeon, not counting the Attack and Defense stats (Over 100!) Overall, it is pretty sad for me to review this beastly monkey, boring move sets, getting out performed by most Starter Grass-Type Pokemon. I give Simisage a 5.8/10, I find it look good, but looking at other Grass-Type Pokemon, it's pretty bad, but it has a neutral run for your team, so its not too bad, but still... Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for more reviews and have a great day, peace! Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) 512
Back to top Go down
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

PostSubject: Stoutland   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:22 am

Hello! Today's Pokemon Review is Stoutland! Let's see how Stoutland is good, and bad. It's Atk stats are better than its Sp. Atk, so Stoutland should be mostly a Physical attacker. Its moves are pretty bland and boring I suppose. Finding a perfect Physical Normal-Type move is pretty tough, I would take Take Down, Giga Impact, Strength and others since I'm a basher, which means I like moves that deals lots of damages. Anyways, let's check out what Pokemon is out performed by Stoutland. Stoutland out performs Exploud in Atk, Def, Sp. Def, and Speed. Which seems to me, Stoutland beats Exploud. Same thing with Wigglytuff, Stoutland outperformed Wigglytuff by Atk, Def, Sp. Def, and Speed. So that's some of the Stage 3 Normal-Type Pokemon Stoutland can outperform, but there are some non-evolved Normal-Type Pokemon that can outperform Stoutland like Bouffalant, Tauros. Overall, it is has an OK stats, pretty average, very boring, and bland move sets, outperforms some Stage 2 Normal-Type Pokemon, but Bouffalant can outperform Stoutland, which Boufalant is unevolved Normal-type Pokemon. I give Stoutland a 7.5/10 Don't get me wrong, it's a good Normal-Type Pokemon, but its move sets are just too boring and I can't even find a good option of Physical Normal-Type moves. It outperforms some Stage 2 Normal-Type Pokemon, plus it can only learn Arial Ace to counter its Fighting-Type weakness. Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for more reviews and have a great day, peace! Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) 508
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerZak
PokemonTrainerZak

PostSubject: Good Stuff   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:35 am

Heyo, Darky, you make some great reviews! By the way, I was thinking about doing a review of Metagross vs Alakazam. Should I? If so, leave a reply! Let me know what you want, and I'll reply! Thanks Darky

~ Zak
Back to top Go down
http://xat.com/PokemonE4
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

PostSubject: Re: Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss)   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:55 am

PokemonTrainerZak wrote:
Heyo, Darky, you make some great reviews! By the way, I was thinking about doing a review of Metagross vs Alakazam. Should I? If so, leave a reply! Let me know what you want, and I'll reply! Thanks Darky

~ Zak
Sure, you can. I would read your review and comment on it too!
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerZak
PokemonTrainerZak

PostSubject: Thanks   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:01 am

funicode wrote:
PokemonTrainerZak wrote:

~ Zak
Sure, you can. I would read your review and comment on it too!

Ok dude, and thanks! Very Happy

~Zak
Back to top Go down
LikeaBoss
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
LikeaBoss

PostSubject: Hmm   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:06 am

I hope this review is better than the last zak, but you don't look like the reviewing type.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerZak
PokemonTrainerZak

PostSubject: Your Right   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:56 am

LikeaBoss wrote:
I hope this review is better than the last zak, but you don't look like the reviewing type.

Yes, this review will be MUCH better, and I'm not very much of a reviewing person, but you never know!

~Zak
Back to top Go down
funicode
E4 Moderator
E4 Moderator
funicode

PostSubject: Basculin   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:11 am

Today's review is gonna be Basculin. Whenever I see this Pokemon, it reminds me of Magikarp, but I think it really is just a "stronger" Magikarp I think, except that Basculin doesn't evolve. Its Attack are better than its Sp. Atk, so Basculin should be a Physical attacker with Physical Water-Type move. Basculin doesn't have a full option of Physical Water-Type moves though, there's only Aqua Tail, Waterfall, Dive, and Aqua Jet. Anyways, its Speed is good, its Defense stats aren't that good. There are some interesting moves that can counter its Electric and Grass-Type weakness, Mud Shot to counter Electric, and Ice Beam to counter its Grass-Type weakness. Mud Shot can be learned by breeding, and Ice Beam by TM. There is not a lot of Water-Type Pokemon that doesn't evolve, and not a legendary. Basculin out performed Luvdisc, and Alomomola. There's also legendaries which makes Basculin even less good. Kyogre, Suicune and Manaphy are pure Water-Type Pokemon that outperforms this bad Basculin. It's kind of weird using a Basculin for your team considering there are better pure Water-Type Pokemon, like Blastoise, Feraligatr, and Samurott are those that are WAY better than Basculin, it out performs it in every way. Probably, the only good thing is there is a 5% of a wild Basculin to hold a DeepSeaScale, and a 5% of holding a DeepSeaTooth. Overall, it has an OK move set I think, bad Defense stat, only out performing a handful of Pokemon, and most other Water-Type Pokemon are better. I give Basculin a 4.6/10 Why would you want to use Basculin in your team? There's other good ones to choose like Feraligatr, Blastoise and more. Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for more reviews and have a great day, peace! Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) 550-RedBasculin Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) Lunapic_130393729320010_19

Last edited by funicode on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake)
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerZak
PokemonTrainerZak

PostSubject: Thumbs up   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:15 am

funicode wrote:
Today's review is gonna be Basculin. Whenever I see this Pokemon, it reminds me of Magikarp, but I think it really is just a "stronger" Magikarp I think, except that Basculin doesn't evolve. Its Attack are better than its Sp. Atk, so Basculin should be a Physical attacker with Physical Water-Type move. Basculin doesn't have a full option of Physical Water-Type moves though, there's only Aqua Tail, Waterfall, Dive, and Aqua Jet. Anyways, its Speed is good, its Defense stats aren't that good. There are some interesting moves that can counter its Electric and Grass-Type weakness, Mud Shot to counter Electric, and Ice Beam to counter its Grass-Type weakness. Mud Shot can be learned by breeding, and Ice Beam by TM. There is not a lot of Water-Type Pokemon that doesn't evolve, and not a legendary. Basculin out performed Luvdisc, and Alomomola. There's also legendaries which makes Basculin even less good. Kyogre, Suicune and Manaphy are pure Water-Type Pokemon that outperforms this bad Basculin. It's kind of weird using a Basculin for your team considering there are better pure Water-Type Pokemon, like Blastoise, Feraligatr, and Samurott are those that are WAY better than Basculin, it out performs it in every way. Probably, the only good thing is there is a 5% of a wild Basculin to hold a DeepSeaScale, and a 5% of holding a DeepSeaTooth. Overall, it has an OK move set I think, bad Defense stat, only out performing a handful of Pokemon, and most other Water-Type Pokemon are better. I give Basculin a 4.6/10 Why would you want to use Basculin in your team? There's other good ones to choose like Feraligatr, Blastoise and more. Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for more reviews and have a great day, peace! Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) 550-RedBasculin Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) Lunapic_130393729320010_19

Wonderfull review! Great job of explaining better Water-Types

~Zak E4TOPIC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss)   Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss) Empty

Back to top Go down

Darky's Pokemon Review (Inspired by Boss)
Page 1 of 1